About the role
The women’s group will be a small, social group for women looking to connect, share a cup of tea and get a bit of support where it’s needed. We don’t currently run a women’s group, so this role will involve helping to set up a safe, inclusive and welcoming space for women.
Key role responsibilities will include:
- Building relationships with clients
- Building a sense of belonging – creating a safe and inclusive space, where women can be valued and allowed to contribute to the community
- Supporting the day-to-day running of the group – set up and pack down, cleaning.
- Providing practical support to attendees (phone calls, paperwork, signposting)
- Providing emotional support to attendees (talking, listening)
- Participating in team pre- and post-session meetings.
You don’t need any previous experience or knowledge to volunteer in this role. We’re simply looking for women who love working with other women, who align with our values and who, most importantly, are open to learning.
One session per week, for 6 months minimum.
Support and Learning
You’ll receive tailored support from our Community Lead, and be part of team pre and post-session meetings on the day, where you’ll get support from our Session Leads. As with all our volunteer opportunities, you’ll also have access to a range of free, formal training opportunities including Mental Health First Aid, The Care Certificate and First Aid.
If there’s anything you’d like to ask or let us know before applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org