About the role
Run out of our King’s Cross building; the women’s group is a small, social group for women looking to connect, share a cup of tea and get a bit of support where it’s needed. The women are a creative bunch with plenty of time for art, the odd manicure and interesting conversation a-plenty.
Key role responsibilities include:
- Building relationships with clients
- Building a sense of belonging – creating a safe and inclusive space, where women can be valued and allowed to contribute to the community
- Support the day-to-day running of the group – set up and pack down, cleaning.
- Provide practical support to attendees (phone calls, paperwork, signposting)
- Provide emotional support to attendees (talking, listening)
- Participate in team pre- and post-session meetings.
You don’t need any previous experience or knowledge to volunteer in this role. We’re simply looking for women who love working with other women, who align with our values and who, most importantly, are open to learning.
One session per week, for 6 months. You’ll need to be available for the whole session. Note that unlike the rest of our opportunities, the Women’s Group happens at 71 Tonbridge Street, Kings Cross, WC1H 9DZ.
Support and Learning
You’ll receive tailored support from our volunteer coordinator, and be part of team pre and post-session meetings on the day, where you’ll get support from our Session Leads. As with all our volunteer opportunities, you’ll also have access to a range of free, formal training opportunities including Mental Health First Aid, The Care Certificate and First Aid.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the link below. Upon receiving your application you’ll be asked to attend a Selection Day. The Selection Day is a full day, held every month on a Saturday where you’ll have the opportunity to find out about who we are, what work we do here at Likewise, and what volunteering with us might look like.