About the role
Our community hub offers a safe, inclusive space where clients and community members can come and relax, socialise, and get some practical and emotional support from our staff and volunteers where it’s needed.
This space is open to anyone over 18, but has a bit more focus on supporting wellbeing and mental health. Key role responsibilities include:
- Building relationships with clients
- Building a sense of belonging – creating a safe and inclusive space, where everyone can be valued and allowed to contribute to the community
- Support the day-to-day running of the centre – set up and pack down, cleaning, maintaining the building (e.g. gardening)
- Provide practical support to attendees (phone calls, paperwork, signposting)
- Provide emotional support to attendees (talking, listening)
- Participate in team pre and post-session meetings.
- Facilitate community activities, such as baking, walking group, book cafe and more
You don’t need any previous experience or knowledge to volunteer in this role. We’re simply looking for people who love working with people, who align with our values and who, most importantly, are open to learning.
At least one, or a few sessions per week, for 6 months minimum. You’ll need to be available for the whole session and it should be the same session each week (e.g. every Wednesday)
Monday-Friday, between 9am-5pm
Support and Learning
You’ll receive tailored support from our Admin, Leaning and Community team and be part of team pre and post-session meetings on the day, where you’ll get support from our Session Leads. As with all our volunteer opportunities, you’ll also have access to a range of free, formal training opportunities including Mental Health First Aid, The Care Certificate and First Aid.
If there’s anything you’d like to ask or let us know before applying, please email email@example.com