When and where?
3.30–4.30pm on Thursdays at the Likewise Hub, NW6 3SG
What is Dance Movement Therapy?
DMP is a creative therapy in which we use movement to understand how we feel, to express ourselves and communicate with others. We work with the idea that our body and mind are in relationship with each other – therefore our movement can represent our emotions. Movement can also reflect how we feel and relate to others, so we can also explore its role in relationships.
We welcome all fitness levels, disabilities and ages. You do not need to be especially fit or have previous dance experience. DMP is for everybody!
What a session looks like
- Check in – Time to share how we are feeling
- Warm up – Let’s get the body moving.
- Creative time – Time to explore and develop different themes. We may use music or props.
- Check out – Reflect on how the session went.
- Understand feelings and behaviour
- Share troubles and emotions
- Reduce tension, increase energy
- Learn verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Build relationships with others
- Increase your self-esteem and self-awareness
- Gain physical and emotional control after a physical trauma
- Deepen your connections body & mind
Find out more
For more information, please feel free to call us on 020 7278 4437 or email us at email@example.com