About the placement
You’ll undertake a 75-day voluntary, non-statutory placement with us, at a minimum of
3 days per week in line with your university requirements. You’ll be given responsibility for:
Leading floating support visits
You’ll have a direct caseload of clients who you will work with 1-to-1 at home or in the community to provide holistic emotional and practical support, and promote independent living, mental health and wellbeing. You’ll also form part of the inter-disciplinary partnership of professionals that supports many of these people.
Leading a Wellbeing Activity
Develop your professional leadership and project management skills by facilitating a wellbeing activity like art, singing or exercise
Supporting our Wellbeing Hub
Deliver social, emotional and practical support to the diverse range of adults who attend our Community Wellbeing Spaces, create an inclusive sense of belonging and support the day-to-day running of the centre.
Supporting with administrative tasks
Including client record keeping, desk-based research, planning and speaking to a variety of stakeholders via phone.
Learning, supervision and training
Our Placement is all about providing the best learning opportunity possible so that you hit all your PCF’s and leave us ready to launch into your career. You will:
- Be part of group co-learning spaces where you’ll engage in critical reflection and analysis of your own learning and play a role in mutually facilitating the learning of other students.
- Have access to a range of formal training certifications designed to boost your working skills and give you a CV that stands you apart from the crowd.
- Have your own Supervisor within the organisation who’ll support, guide and challenge you throughout your journey, alongside a Practice Educator who’ll supervise you from a Social Working perspective.
We are looking for people who:
- Love people as much as we do
- Have great inter-personal and communication skills
- Align with our values
- Demonstrate openness to learning
- Are ready and willing to be pushed well outside their comfort zone