About the placement
You’ll be volunteering with us for at least 1 – 2 day per week, for 6 –12 months as needed to meet the requirements of your university. You’ll:
Lead on therapeutic sessions
You’ll offer individual and/or group therapeutic sessions to our clients and community members, as well as those of some of our partner organisations such as Mind in Camden.
You’ll work as part of inter-disciplinary team that supports individuals cohesively and collaboratively. This will enable you to seek support and advice from staff and key workers, and to pass on information to ensure the duty of care to the client is met by the organisation.
Lead on non-therapeutic work
You’ll engage in the day-to-day work of Likewise. This might take the form of 1-to-1 support with people in their homes/community or involvement in group settings/activities.
Record keeping and administration
You’ll undertake planning and administrative tasks that support your work: organising your time, recording clients sessions.
Learning, supervision and training
Our placement is all about providing the best learning opportunity possible so that you can hit the ground running in your career. You’ll:
- Become part of a vibrant team of staff ready to share their wealth of experience and other placement students taking their first step into working life alongside you
- Have your own supervisor (alongside your clinical supervision) who’ll support, guide and challenge you
- Have the option of accessing free formal training certifications designed to boost your working skills and knowledge and ensure that by the time you finish with us, your CV will really stand you apart from the crowd
We are looking for people who:
- Love people as much as we do
- Have great inter-personal and communication skills
- Align with our values
- Demonstrate openness to learning
- Are ready and willing to be pushed well outside their comfort zone